I've been nominated for Honest Scraps, and I think this means I am supposed to list seven or 10 honest scraps about myself
1. In high school and early college I told people I never wanted to have children. I thought they would tangle up my life, and babies are messy and loud. I was loudly pro choice and thought if I ever married I would definitely keep my last name. Fast forward 15 years and I took my husbands name and really want children even if they are loud and messy. I am quietly pro choice.
2. I never knew my maternal grandmother, she died when I was 2. She is a mystery to me and I wish I knew more.
3. I wanted to be a vet until I got a D in Chemistry my freshman year of college. That grade ruined all chances of vet school. I turned to horticulture on a whim and found solace in the greenhouse.
4. My boyfriend in college was/is a drug addict. I kept thinking he would grow out of it and wasted a couple of years being with him instead of having fun. Leaving him was very hard. I had to leave Colorado and start my life over. It was one of the very best decisions I have made.
5. My husband has no idea I have a blog
6. I have no idea what my natural hair color is, I've been dyeing it regularly since 1998, when a friend pointed out my first grays.
7. My black cat Elvis brings me such joy. Even on my worst days his little face will bring me a smile, and then he will head butt me.
8. I worry that I don't edit myself enough around people and maybe say things I shouldn't.
9. I'm afraid of sharks. I won't go out in the ocean past my waist, even though I know the sharks come in that close, but somehow I'm safer that way. Jaws really fucked me up.
10. I have a tattoo of a sunflower on my hip