About Me

My photo
North Carolina, United States
I'm a 36yr old, wife, wannabe mom, horticulturalist, halfass knitter, and sometimes runner, searching for my grace

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

finding my faith

I was raised Catholic and identify myself as such, although I haven't been a regular practicing Catholic for some time. My miscarriages have made doubt and question everything about myself to God and His existence. The Church's stance on infertility treatment and abortion really bother me, not to mention the status of women as leaders in the Church. I think religion is important and I want it to be a part of my life. So my question is Catholicism for me, or do I look elsewhere. The thought is scary to me. I am unsure of what I want. I guess I want acceptance and peace without a lot of evangelism.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Hello!

How large was your septum? I am in this boat right now (2 m/c) and a septum discovered last week on my HSG.

My doc is not pushing surgery and I am wreck.

I am just curious what your experience was with the surgery, size, etc.

Mazzy said...

I don't know much about Catholicism, but I am a devoted Christian and have found an immense amount of peace and acceptance in my current church. We attend a non-denominational bible based church that simply preaches the words of the bible and how to apply those principles to your life. It's informal, inviting and non-judgemental. They even have support groups for infertile couples. I have found more peace over my fertility issues through God's word and my prayers than anything else in this world. If you need any scripture or prayer, feel free to shoot me an email and I will provide anything I can.